Monday, November 15, 2010

Percy Jackson: The Titan's Curse


I'm cruising right along with my Percy obsession, but this third book in the series actually disappointed me a little bit. It wasn't bad and I didn't hate it, but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the preceding two. Adventure and excitement was still there, and it wasn't really lacking in plot, and there were plenty of new characters and twists and turns to keep me interested...but for whatever reason, I just wasn't. I think a lot of this reason actually had to do with Annabeth - one of my favorites - being M.I.A. for almost the entire book. I also just honestly think this one might be that necessary and unavoidable transition book, right smack dab in the middle of a five-book series. The plot has to mellow at some point so it can climb back up again and end with a bang. My opinion is that this is where that happened, and that's okay. I've got a lot of faith in Book 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment