Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New Socks


Honestly, the "Voice" tagging for this one is kind of a stretch. You could easily use this book as an example of voice, but the theme of this book is humor. Absolutely hilarious, just-for-fun, humor. What I'm about to say is truly big: New Socks is as funny as a Pigeon book. Blows your mind a little bit, doesn't it? I know.


There's not a lot of plot; the little guy's got some new socks. That's pretty much it. Oh, and he really loves those socks. He talks about the socks for page after page, sharing his love for his snazzy new accessory as if he's describing a million bucks. All I can say is that if you're in need of a good laugh, find this book. I hate spoilers so I'll share what the back of the book says instead of anything inside it:


"Imagine the best book ever. This is better. It's about me and my New Socks, and it's about me. Read it. You'll like it."


Pretty much sums it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment