Friday, December 10, 2010

Finally!

Just wanted to announce that I'm finally reading The Hunger Games! This has probably been over a year of waiting...waiting for a break in my school schedule and then waiting for the last book to come out so I can buy the boxed set and just read them straight through, and then waiting to finish my master's thesis project so I won't be distracted by literature, and then waiting to finish Percy Jackson because I didn't follow my own rules and started an addicting series while working on my master's thesis project. But, the time has come and all of those things are done, my boxed set has been staring at me expectantly since August, and I'm almost 200 pages in. So far, I love it. For those of you who have read it, Katniss just went through her first individual meeting with the Gamemakers. For those of you who haven't...oops. Spoiler alert. Find a copy and start reading it yourself.

4 comments:

  1. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! God I loved those books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO EXCITED TOO! Seriously, I love it. Read a lot this weekend and I'm on page 284...going to finish today and start Catching Fire. So, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and my original post was a lie. I wasn't almost to 200 pages at that point. The font for the page numbers is silly and the zeroes look like eights. I was on page 104 and not 184, or something like that. But now I promise I'm on 284. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw you finished it... so now I can safely say, I was reading it when I was at Diana's and near the part where they both almost commit suicide I gasped out loud and Tina looked at me like What on Earth are you even doing with your life right now? But, you know, less judgmental cause she's Tina.

    ReplyDelete