Saturday, January 1, 2011

Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus


My English methods professor read this book aloud to us last year, and we all instantly fell in love with the pigeon. She also read us Don't Give the Pigeon a Puppy, but I didn't get that one for Christmas. I DID, however, get this one for Christmas, and I love it. I literally paused Christmas so I could read it aloud to my family, and then they all fell in love with the pigeon too. Aside from being absoltuely adorable, this particular pigeon book could be used in a classroom in order to teach persuasion (the pigeon is quite persuasive, what with his big eye and his clever reasoning strategies), character, mood, or voice. There's plenty of all of those in this tiny little picture book. Kids of all ages would love it - I personally can't get enough of it - and I think that any lack of interest in a picture book would quickly disintegrate at the first glimpse of what the pigeon has to offer. Seriously, I know that this review sounds ridiculous...but you should go find a pigeon book, any of them, and read it. They are so great.

1 comment: