Wednesday, January 12, 2011

(Unofficial) Bucket List Challenge for 2011

I'm newish to the blogging thing, new enough to have not been involved last year when January struck and hundreds of book challenges spread across the lands of blogging worldwide. So I joined the Historical Fiction challenge - which I'm still excited about, even though this will make it seem like maybe I'm not - before I realized that there would be 75,000 other challenges to tempt me as well. I'm holding fast to my choices, though, which now include participation in one that I find really intriguing, although I'm not officially joining the challenge. I'm just intrigued and I'm doing it on my own. It's a Bucket List challenge, in which you pick books that you should have read years ago, and that you feel like everyone in the world has read except you. The hosting blogger's example was Catcher in the Rye. Well I felt really cool when I saw that because I've actually read Catcher in the Rye. I haven't, however, read several other books that I've owned for years and that everyone else will probably say "Shame on you" for not having read. So...here's my list for this year:

1. James and the Giant Peach - Roald Dahl
2. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
3. Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens
4. Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
5. Ragamuffin Gospel - Brennan Manning
6. The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini

I know. Please keep being my friend despite the fact that I haven't read these...and have hope that I'll have them read by 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment